We offer hot melt adhesive as to complete our philosophy to provide a complete edgebanding solution. We currently offer 3 types of hot melt. All of which have good properties and have been tested by many edgebanders with very good results and easy usage. Below see the list of two products:
1. Tece Hot Melt 506 (THM 506): This is the top quality of hot melt which you can find in the market. THM 506 is used in curved edgebanding application. Melting temperature is between 120° - 140°.
2. Tece Hot Melt 2042 (THM 2042): This is the standard hot melt which is used for automated edgebanders (Homag, SCM, Turanlar, and others edgebanders). This product has been used by all sort of edgebander from Brandt to the cheapest machine in the market. The feedbacks from our customers have always been positive.
3. Tece Hot Melt 48 (THM 48): This is the transparent hot melt which is used for automated edgebanders (Homag, SCM, Turanlar, and others edgebanders). With this product, there are two advantages: 1. The glue line becomes much less visible compared to standard hot melt. 2. The amount to be applied per square meter is much less. With this glue, you can create furniture with top-end quality.
In all our business affairs and philosophy, we believe that only good material combination with good technique will produce the best result. Given this, we want to provide you the hot melt adhesive to enable you to experience this combined with our edgebandings.
Please note that Tece acts as an intermediary between the customer and the producer of hot melt with very little interest of profit. Our main target is to supply our customer the best product so that they can use our edgebandings with better results. In addition, we supply this so that our customer does not have to go to another company to buy this product. Please note that our prices for hot melt will always be competitive because of our advantage in bulk purchase.
As Tece, we stand firm in the quality of our edgebandings. We will follow this way with our hot melt product.
For more information or samples, please contact with us.
Tece Hot Melt 2042 (THM 2024), Tece Hot Melt 506 (THM 506), and Tece Hot Melt 48 (THM 48) are thermoplastic synthetic resin adhesive based on EVA-elastomers. Both products are used on edgebanding application machines. 2042 is used in automated lines; 506 is used for slower hand machines; 48 is the transparent glue that makes the glue line as less visible as possible. The adhesive melts and flows very well offering a medium heat resistance and very good adhesive properties. The adhesion properties are well accepted during the application.
THM 2042, THM 506, and THM 48 are suitable for the application of the following edgebanding:
*Plastic edgebanding preheated with a good primer
*PMMA acrylic edgebanding
*Tece metal edgebandings
*Veneers edgebanding with fleece or without fleece
Instructions for Use Parameter Value Environment Temperature: > 15 °C Panel Temperature: > 15 °C Humidity in Product: 8 -10 % Humidity in the Air: 65-75 % Amount to be Applied: 170 – 285 gr /m2 Temperature of Tank: 180 -200 °C Roller Temperature: 185 -195 °C Application Speed: 12 -30 m./min Application Pressure: 3-5 Kg. / cm² Instructions for Use Parameter Value Environment Temperature: > 15 °C Panel Temperature: > 15 °C Humidity in Product: 8 -10 % Humidity in the Air: 65-75 % Amount to be Applied: 220 – 350 gr / m2 Temperature of Tank: 120 -140 °C Roller Temperature: 120 -140 °C Application Speed: 5 -10 m./min Application Pressure: 3-5 Kg. / cm² Instructions for Use Parameter Value Environment Temperature: > 15 °C Panel Temperature: > 15 °C Humidity in Product: 8 -10 % Humidity in the Air: 65-75 % Amount to be Applied: 150 – 200 gr /m2 Temperature of Tank: 170 - 190 °C Roller Temperature: 180 -190 °C Application Speed: 8 - 15 m./min Application Pressure: 3-5 Kg. / cm²
- The application surface must be cleaned from dust, dirt and grease. Undesired dust and grease prevent to achieve a successful result of endurance and a strong bonding. The pressure must be applied homogenously to all edges of the panel. The temperature of the adhesive tank must be controlled often to make sure that it is in the right range.
- The temperature of the application surface and environment must be higher than 15°C.
- Otherwise, successful results may not be achieved due to faster drying time.
- Adhesive tank should be cleaned often.
- In case of having a break, adhesive temperature must be kept at 100-110°C to keep performance higher.
- The bonded material’s resistance against to heat is directly proportional to twisting, shortening, elongation of the edgebanding.
- The remained hot melt in the tank should not heated and cooled too many times. Other the EVA glue loses its adhesion properties.
CautionEven if the recommended working temperatures are observed, hot melt adhesives will give of fumes often causing unpleasant odors. To avoid that danger, measures should be taken to remove the vapors by some sort of air exhausters.
StorageSelf Life is 12 months at normal room temperature (18 – 20°C)